What is an Emergency?
An emergency is when immediate police, fire department, or medical assistance is necessary to protect life or property.
- DIAL 9-1-1 (8-9-1-1 at Chabot-Las Positas Community College District Office)
- CALL Campus Safety and Security:
- Chabot College: 510-723-6923
- Las Positas College: 925-424-1699
- BE CALM Identify yourself and your location
- IDENTIFY YOUR LOCATION Identify the location of the incident and describe as clearly as possible the nature of the problem (crime, fire, disaster, medical emergency, hazardous materials spill)
- REMAIN ON THE LINE, The dispatcher will be sending proper emergency personnel to the scene. (Police Officer – Ambulance – Fire Department). The dispatcher will then advise you when all of the proper information has been obtained. Do no hang up; let the dispatcher hang up first.
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District’s Emergency Operations Plan is a document designed to provide a framework for protecting students, faculty, staff, and campus facilities, as well as to describe the responsibilities of staff members, for a wide range of emergency and disaster situations that may occur. The Emergency Operations Plan is a tool to assist in the planning and implementation of effective emergency preparedness programs and training.