Human Resources Goals
Human Resources Goals
Our goal is to deliver proactive and professional human resource services to the District and community while promoting respect and excellence as well as encouraging leadership development of all employees. Our goal is to maintain a positive attitude, sense of perspective, and good humor while serving the District.
The Office of Human Resources (HR) provides leadership and support for personnel-related actions for the Chabot-Las Positas Community College District. Working closely with Chabot College in Hayward and Las Positas College in Livermore, Human Resources plays a critical role in all personnel-related decisions and activities in the District. The office is responsible for the implementation of District Board of Trustees' HR-related policies and procedures. In addition, the Office provides leadership and support in the following areas:
- develop, interpret, apply, oversee and facilitate the application of HR and HR-related Board policies and procedures at the Colleges and the District Office;
- overseeing the District's workforce and employee programs;
- ensuring legal, education code, and contract compliance with all matters related to human resources;
- engaging in proactive employee relations processes;
- negotiating with Collective Bargaining units and administering labor contracts;
- developing and implementing employee development programs;
- facilitating the recruitment and selection of employees;
- developing and administering the classification and compensation system;
- administering benefit programs, and employee health and welfare programs;
- maintaining official personnel files.
Other related documents:
The Office of Human Resources is proud to be supporting our Classified Leadership Institute for Professionals (CLIP).
Phone: (925) 485-5200
Fax: (925) 485-5254
Until further notice, the Human Resources Office is open by appointment only. Employees and non-employees are encouraged to email and/or mail document(s) whenever possible. To better assist with identifying the appropriate contact in Human Resources, please refer to the Contact Us page.
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.